Top Adventure Tour Business for sale
Dreamland Safari Tours was purchased in 2011 by the current ownership. Original ownership treated it as a hobby business. According to the 2010 and 2016 tax returns, it has grown in sales by 3500% in 6 seasons. Because of the lack of industry specific barriers to entry (public land permits), it was the perfect platform for fast growth. It continues to grow every year. In year 3, it took over the top position in the local off road tour market, where it has stayed. It has a very strong online reputation. It is the #1 tour company in Kanab on TripAdvisor and other platforms, with multiples of competitor reviews, and is by far the strongest in SEO results over a wide variety of specific and general terms directly related to our market. We receive an average of 400 visits a day to our website. Positioned as we are, and managed correctly, this company has many more years to be on top of the game.
Dreamland Safari Tours has permits to all the best and most marketable back-country scenic resources in the Southern Utah/Northern Arizona area, including some wildly popular attractions such as the Wave, Coyote Buttes, and nearby features such as White Pocket. We offer slot canyon tours, which are a popular alternative to the overcrowded Antelope Canyon in Page, AZ. We have practically exclusive access to Toroweap, a unique, uncrowded, highly sought location for photographers at the end of a 60 mile dirt road. It is the only Grand Canyon opportunity in our area for half the year when the main part of the North Rim is closed. We also have tours to Marble Canyon and the Grand Staircase National Monument.
Tourism overall in our area is still growing rapidly. Because of the vast amounts of public land surrounding Kanab, and the difficult to access gems hidden within, we offer a more involved, expansive experience which are practically infeasible for the average tourist to do on their own. This situation will likely never change. This business was grown in the recession, and appears to be relatively recession proof. Demographics change but revenues and growth have not been observed to be affected.
We have the tightest run tour company in the area, and the best staff, carefully cultivated over time. We have excellent management which will smooth the transition for you to successful management. This is a great opportunity for investment in one of America's last outdoor recreation frontiers. It is a turn key business for someone looking for upward potential, and quality, independent work, in a beautiful rural area, probably one of the most scenic areas in the Southwest. If Kanab becomes the next Moab, and many say it will, this business will eventually be worth many multiples of what it is worth now. Please contact with questions. Depending on the seriousness of the inquiry, I have all the information and documents one could need to assess this opportunity. This business has been run 100% in the black and above board.
- Real Estate:
- Building SF:
- Furniture, Fixtures, & Equipment (FF&E):
- Land (1.5 Acres) and Office/Shop building (metal), 8 meticulously maintained 2001-2004 Suburbans and Crew Cab Pickups, Office furniture and equipment, Camping equipment, Camping/Cargo Trailer, Rescue Trailer,
- Growth & Expansion:
- Growth of Dreamland's market share has slowed, but the overall volume of the local tourism market is growing rapidly easily offsetting the effects. Kanab is an outdoor adventure frontier and will be fully developed over the next 20 years. Although growth in overall revenues has slowed for a variety of reasons, mostly the humble beginnings from which it rapidly rose, it is still growing at 7%. There remains a significant opportunity for growth in our shoulder seasons and those places not restricted by daily limits.
- Support & Training:
- Myself and possibly my wife would be willing to negotiate a transition with you for a specified amount of time as consultants and trainers. This will ensure that your new business gets off on the right foot and stays strong as we plan our exit.
- Reason for Selling:
- I am more of a business builder than a manager. Ready for next project!
- Competition by the number of companies has doubled over the last several years, but growth in the market seems to be outpacing it. Demand for outdoor recreation services like ours in our area is steadily growing. In the beginning it was easy for us to out-compete the existing companies to secure the top position. Although they have multiplied and strengthened some collectively, we still continue to dominate SEO results for the most relevant and even tangential terms. We also continue to dominate review sites.